I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Sunday, August 13, 2006

More about The Pen

The Peninsula Hotel Manila is amazing! It is a grand old hotel. The staff attends to your every need. You can't walk through the hotel without each person greeting you or asking how you are doing. When I found out that I wasn't allowed to take toothpaste on the return flight...they provided me with Baking Soda so that I could at least brush my teeth.


The Spa is amazing as well. And of course the exchange rate helps! I was able to have 3 massages at the Spa while I was there. The cost of a 1-hour massage is equivalent to $24. How can anyone, especially a massage addict like me, pass that up?



The hotel also have several GREAT restaurants. I ate at the Lobby restaurant a couple of times. Each night they had live music.

Old Manila features European cuisine that is fabulous. I had a wonderful Wild Mushroom Soup followed by Sea Bass. The setting is formal but inviting. The staff was impeccable! It seemed to be the place for the well off in Manila to celebrate special occasions!



Spices was probably my favorite restaurant featuring cuisine from different Asian countries including The Philipines, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. For dinner, I started with Roti Canai (Malaysian bread served with a curry sauce) followed by a Lentil dish from India. I want to have an Indonesian cake for dessert but I ate too much of the rest of the meal and was too full for anything else. As soon as you enter Spices, you are overwhelmed with a fabulous aroma of spices!

0 comments: