I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cambodia - Phnom Penh Day 1

It is a beautiful day in Phnom Penh. It is sunny and warm but with a nice breeze.

Cynthia's Tuk Tuk driver picked us up to take us to the office. Getting in and out of a Tuk Tuk requires skill and coordination - I'm still working on it. Of course we first stopped at the little coffee shop down the street. A ride in a Tuk Tuk is an experience…here is a little taste…

[NOTE: something has happened to my videos and they no longer work Sad smile]

I was hungry early so we headed off to a little cafe. I couldn't get my phone connected to wi fi there so I couldn't check-in on foursquare. :(
We spent the day at the office then headed off to get me a wi fi dongle to use with my laptop. Now I'm wondering if I can some how use it to provide wi fi to my phone. More investigation will be required.

La Sauvignon Wine Bar, Phnom PenhThen we were off to Cynthia's apartment. We both have more work to do so we head across the street to Le Sauvignon wine bar. First, let me say this is the GREATEST place ever! Happy Hour is not to be missed - buy one, get one free wine - by the glass OR bottle! And they have nice appetizers too. Chandelier at La Sauvignon Wine Bar(They have a very interesting chandelier made from wine glasses) We spent several hours working before deciding that we really should leave. I'm a little worried...there were only 2 other tables occupied during the entire time we were there. I really hope this place survives or that Cynthia can manage to single-handedly keep them in business.

0 comments: