I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Sunday, July 18, 2010

NYC - Day 2: Another Hot One

Oppressive heat is the theme of this trip! Have I mentioned how much I hate the heat. Actually it isn't the heat I hate, it is sweating that I hate!

Started the day at PIGALLE for brunch. I had the Smoked Salmon Club sandwich and a Mimosa. This Sandwich is right up there with Meadowlarks Fried Green Tomato sandwich.

With some time to kill before the theater matinee (a way to avoid the afternoon heat) we walked over to the International Center of Photography. Really enjoyed the civil rights movement photography exhibit. Still some time remaining so we walked over to the NY Public Library. I just don't get John and John G's fascination with the place. So now that it is time to head back toward the theater it is miserably hot again. We wander through Bryant Park then stop back by PIGALLE for a cold beverage before the show.

Next stop is the Longacre Theater to see La Cage aux Folles. This was the best play I've ever seen in NY. Kelsey Grammer and Donald Hodges were fabulous. And "Lilly" did a great job warming up the crowd. If you go you definitely want to splurge on the caberet seats!

A quick stop back at the hotel to change clothes and we were headed to dinner at BLT (17th between 5th and 6th). It is a great seafood restaurant. John and I shared the Pink Snapper. It was a giant whole fish and we put a good dent in it. The desserts we shared were wonderful. The wine list was huge but we ended up with a Chenin Blanc.

To end the night we walked the High Line. This is a rail bed converted into a park. I continue to be amazed by the parks in NYC. Since we are staying downtown we spend time on West and a fabulous park has been added along the Hudson.

#noumena12_dining #nyc

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.7

0 comments: