I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dry Creek Passport Weekend - Day 1: Tattoos

Okay...so we aren't actually in Sonoma County yet, we are still in San Francisco! Rodney and Don's flight is like 3 hours late so John, Steve A, and I head to Black & Blue Tattoo. Vic was our tattoo artist...in addition to doing a great job, he was a lot of fun to talk to. We also met some interesting guys from Texas who were getting their first tatts.

I've decided I want my 2nd tattoo on the top of my foot. Everyone has warned me that it will hurt A LOT!! Of course, that's what they told me about my ankle too. Yes, those are PINK hearts cascading down my foot. I was struggling with color. I didn't want something that would be too stark, like black. I was considering a light brown (henna look) but decided that would be too depressing.

I'm very happy with how it turned out!





Rodney designed his own tattoo to commemorate the reason for this trip. HIS 50th birthday. Yes, I can say that because I am writing this blog so just get over it. And, surprisingly, he didn't "scream like a girl" this time. Although he is curled up in a fetal position. The tattoo says "RCP 50 2010." I think he was just afraid he would forget how old he is.













Don was up next. If there was one of us who picked a "it's gonna hurt" location for their tattoo this time, it was Don. The inking doesn't really hurt until you get near bone. So Don picks his shoulder. He wanted a tattoo to match the one he got on his back in Las Vegas 3 years ago (for HIS 50th Birthday). There is one photo of him either smiling or grimacing...you decide.
























And we can't end this post without recognizing John for his infinite patience. When Don, Rodney and I got tattos in Las Vegas, it took about 90 minutes. However, they had us each going one at a time in SF, so it took 7 hours!! John patiently, I know...it is what he does, waited through the whole ordeal.

1 comments:

Top Gun said...

Awesome summary, great pics, thanks for sharing!!! And happy belated 50th!!

Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure!!