I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Thursday, April 25, 2024

Retired! A NEW Chapter

 It has been MANY years since I have posted. And so many changes have happened in my life. The one change that has me back to blogging (we'll see if I can stick to it) is that I retired 1 March 2024. First let me say that I can't believe that almost 2 months have passed. I definitely haven't experienced a lack of things to do. 

So this blog will now highlight all the fun things that I'm doing during my retirement...come and join me on my retirement adventures!! 

What am I doing with my time these days? 

Reading! I've always had a goal to read 365 books in a year and I believe I will reach that goal this year. You can follow my status at my Noumena12 Books Blog which I expect to also start updating. 

Learning! I've complete 2 seminars at the University of Dayton Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (UDOLLI) including Architecture in Dayton and Fun with Grapes - North American editiion. 

Volunteering! I've always loved food and wine. I've taken many classes at the Dorothy Lane Market Culinary Center.  Now I have also been volunteering. I will also look for other volunteer opportunities.


My experience with Cancer

About a year before I retired, I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer. Why would I share my health information? Since I've talked about it, 3 other women have come to me about my symptoms and sought their own diagnosis. As I was finishing up my OB/GYN appointment in Spring 2023, my doctor informed me that she didn't need to see me for 5 years because of my age UNLESS I experienced any changes. I was surprised by the 5 year timeline but didn't think too much about it. Until a few months later when I had some very light bleeding...I'm talking VERY LIGHT that I only noticed when I wiped. It lasted a couple of days then stopped so I noted it but didn't think too much about it. Until it happened again the next month. So off to the doctor I went...scheduled a biopsy...and got my cancer diagnosis. my hysterectomy, my Oncological Gynecologist found the cancer was more involved than originally anticipated so they recommended 3 radiation treatments. IF you notice any differences in your body regardless of how minor or insignificant you think they are, have a conversation with your doctor. EARLY DETECTION is the key. 


0 comments: