I'm not an everyday blogger... If I have something to say...this is where I will say it. You will also find links to my specialized blogs.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!""
— Unknown


Sunday, December 21, 2008

2008 Thank You!

Thank you for making our 2008 annual party another roaring success!!! The weather once again put a crimp on turnout so there is way too much food leftover.

Because of your generosity, we will be delivering $1271.00 to The Other Place tomorrow.

The 100 of you who did brave the elements consumed: 16 lb smoked turkey, 10 lb skirt steak, 6 lb shrimp, 4953 ml liquor, 58 bottles of beer, 7 bottles of champagne, 15 bottles of red wine, 5 bottles of white wine, and 32 cans of pop! If only you had also consumed all of the other food! :)

If by any chance you took photos during the evening, please pass them on...we'd love to see them. Wishing you the best in 2009! Ann and

1 comments:

Top Gun said...

I very much enjoyed your annual Christmas letter (which I just got to - I'm still sending some of my annual holiday greetings out!), and especially the "thank you" note on the party. I have not toured Ann's specialized blogs before, but I'll tell you - I have a strong desire to visit the RedFeather Lounge and its impressive wine cellar now!

I do have one question about the 2008 holiday party: Did anybody else besides Ann drink any of those 7 bottles of champagne?

Wonderful work on the 100+ Women who care - I might have to try to do something about that quoted small city statistic...thanks for the inspiration!

Deborah